Worse hotel I ever stayed in , and I have stayed in quite a few in my life.
Shows as a 4 star but really deserves a 2 star (and I am being generous).
First let me say that the location is excellent as it is at Taksim square. The pros end here and this is the long list of cons :
- grumpy and rude staff at the front desk
- our shower drain was not functioning and many attempts were made to remedy the problem with no solution. Front desk even lied, saying the plumber had passed by and fixed it (lier). Even spoke to the general manager who swore it would get fixed but didn’t. We stayed 7 nights in this hotel which we had pre-payed (or else we would have left), showering in 5 cm of drain water (room 509)
- found a shewing gum in the dessert plate at breakfast. When pointed this out to the breakfast manager, he got an employee to come and pick up the gum from the plate ….. NOT removing the plate, NOT changing the food, just kept the same desserts , even the ones that had previously touched the gum
- breakfast manager grumpy …. Except for the last day at checking out. Very helpful, asked if we wanted more coffee, etc… all to get a TIP that he didn’t deserve. Of course we didn’t eat anything else at this breakfast following the gym incident which happened in day 2 of our 8 day stay.
- room dated and dirty. Toilet was still dirty when we checked in. Had a pistachio shell next to night stand (stayed there for days).
Out of characters to continue . DO NOT STAY HERE